RCU Forums - View Single Post - (Something Fast?) Delta Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Mike Connor
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: (Something Fast?) Delta Build Thread

HaveBlue,
I was tempted to sheet the whole wing and calculated it would have taken an additional 2.77 oz. (79 grams) of balsa. Since my open bays are not huge like on a dust I am not sure what the advantage would be other then strength. Any thoughts on sheeting vs covering when it comes to speed? It seems like tight small areas of covering should not be much of a problem and you do save a little weight. Maybe I shouldn't worry about an oz. or two since it looks like it will have a RTF weight of well under 3 lbs.

I am going around and round in the aerodynamics forum concerning cowls. Could you post a picture of your engine cowl and has it been tested in any way?

About ready to post pictures of the finished product later tonight or tomorrow. Need the rain to stop long enough for a couple of outside shots as they turn out so much better in bright light. 10+ inches of rain last month and may pass that that this month. Maybe I should have been building a boat, A really big one.

I Don't even have a radio for this plane so this may be the perfect time to get the new Futaba 6EX 2.4.