Old 07-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to convince the wife, uh, I mean, how???

Ok, lets see if we understand this. You retired. You have savings and maybe a pension and social security from when you worked. Did your wife also work and contribute financially to the marriage? If so in what proportion? Are there "NEED" things for your home, new roof, replace A/C or heating system, car needs replacing, other home maintenance expense items. Your wife has ample clothing? If all of these are in place and you have some money left over then buy all the modeling stuff you need. Now if your wife wants to go on a world cruise and blow 15 grand that is another issue. When you get back from the crusie what do you have? Apparently not very much since people I know keep repeating it and asking me "Boy, isn't your hobby expensive?" Not into cruises etc. fine. Let the wife go with a friend and you will have your modeling justified for a lot longer time than she will remember the cruise. A little old 7 day Caribbean should cover you for at least a couple of years worth of engines and kits.