RCU Forums - View Single Post - GST SITS THE SHELf MORE THAN ANY OF MY OTHER TRUCK
Old 07-04-2007, 02:54 PM
.46NitroAddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GST SITS THE SHELf MORE THAN ANY OF MY OTHER TRUCK

Hey devo208,

Ok, firstly some constructive critisim (not flammin' you), your gallery is the place for photo's like you have posted in your last (& most other posts) please keep photo's relative to your posts in them - eg pictures of your tranny internals only! ........If I want to see your other stuff I will check out your gallery!!!........
Secondly, you may want to change your tone to TRD & anyone else her that wants to respond to you - we are all only poeple interested in this hobby & more importantly we are all unpaid. I for one, come for help & too help others! If you want instant results / answers call CEN Racing on the phone!!.....
I've said my bit, now I'm happy.

Now for your problem, when you get around to taking those pictures TRD has asked for, you may want to concentrate on the second shaft in the transmission, the one that your 3rd speed clutch & fwd/rev selector is located on. Because all drive fwd or rev goes thru' this up to this point.
When you select reverse (looking above your tranny the selector is pointing to the front of your truck) this moves your selector to the reverse cog (one closest the input end of your tranny) & engages it & the reverse ideller cog.
So inversely when you select frd It moves the selector assembly to the front cog in the tranny engaging it with the dog within the foward gear.
Since you aren't getting foward movement, some photos of this area would be nice to diagnose this problem. I suspect that your selector isn't engagiong this properly or there is some damage to the is area!
Photos & we will continue this ........ I'm late for work now so catch you later!.......... (Yes, some of us do actually have a life as well .....sorry couldn't resist).

Regards, .46NitroAddict [>:]