RCU Forums - View Single Post - new interferance problem, whats up w/that
Old 07-13-2007, 10:40 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: new interferance problem, whats up w/that

And if you think all THIS is bad, just wait until you get to try to get one of these new Spectrums to "Bind" to its receiver when it decides it doesn't like it! I guess once it "shakes hands" with the receiver it never forgets it and doesn't let anything give you a hit, but it's slow going getting the two to make up and "shake hands" !!
Also, I've learned that once the flight-pack receiver goes under 4 volts (yes, our battery packs come standard at only 4.8) the receivers reset themselves, which takes 3 seconds....... So much for flying until we're at 3.8 r 3.6 volts on those long days at the fields.... Good thing I've gone to using 5-cell packs with 6 volts. A couple of heavy-duty servos being used hard can pull down some amps easily.
I know railroad car counters and supermarket doors and a hundred other things have caused hits on our radios in the past, I've even watched while a garbage truck driver keyed his radio mike and crashed planes at our field one day. I also remember frequencies around 20 being the worst too, but there were a hundred stories why.. I think if we all really knew how much rogue RF noise was really out there we'd just keep our planes in our garages as hangar queens. I say that complicated or not, I still like the idea of the newer 2.4 Gig radios, they are the closest to perfect we've ever had. I remember being very impressed by the newer gold-band JR radios, and they really were quite good. But they could be locked out, no doubt about it.
Hey jetranger...you're a fellow Mainer! Where do you fly?

Jim