RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is it?
Thread: What is it?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 10:57 PM
azzman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is it?

Well I only ran it once, basically just to test to see if it would run...it wasnt finished, and the alloy I was using was just crap stuff from the local sheetmetal workers. If done properly it really needed some decent quality stuff, cheap stuff is just too soft in that application (flat chassis).
I then realised that it would have been a one off fabrication job that may not have served much purpose to me, especially now that I have a truggy (which it was basically trying to imitate) and I have built my LCG 12mm ext TVPs which make the Sav about as good as it can get while retaining its heritage (ie: TVP chassis).
I agree it was a cool project and would of been cool finished off, but I will not be the one to do it!

If anyone out there wants the chassis including the braces, thats the front and rear bulkhead braces as well as the brace that runs between them (but does not include the plate that the engine and trans were bolted to, cause that part I have used on the latest hybrid) as well as the custom modified front diff housing and the FLM ext rear dogbone, then you are welcome to them for the cost of postage and packaging (probably about US$20 should cover it) then let me know, I will also help out in terms of information/ideas etc.