RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help with my Kraft series seventy nine
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 07:41 PM
fly_boy_bc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help with my Kraft series seventy nine

I have the harness, And have used this radio before. Sombody cut my battery plg off.

The battery pack is red+2.4v,white0v,and black-2.4v

The harness does not have any plug on it with red,black,white.

The reciever DOES have a plug on it with red,white,black coming out of it to the circuit board but the only plug that could possibly connect to it it red,black orange. Orange comes from the charger plug not from the battery.

Here is the weird part, Although the battery has three wires coming out of it the only plug it could have gone to only has red and black! The reciever has red,black, orange going into it and coming out of that plug coded as red, white black.

See my problem? Three wires from the battery pack to a two wire connection into the harness and an orange wire from the charger joins this bundle and into the receiver....The orange wire must be for charging only.

But then why does the pack have three wires in the first place? Could it have been just so this pack could be used with other products?

Does anybody know if these old 72mhz Kraft units use -2.4v, 0v, +2.4v or do they run on just ground and +4.8v?

I know digital and power electronics but next to nothing about radio.

Gary.