RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Boat worlds 20cc zenoah boat engine...new image
Old 07-22-2007, 09:02 AM
Boataholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Boat worlds 20cc zenoah boat engine...new image

It has a electronic spark box with a trigger built into the flywheel collet the box I do believe is water proof but I plan on testing that as well I have plans of placing it ahead of the engine under the hull with the battery which will be a 5 cell flat pack I think radio issue would arrise if it was in the radio box

The nitro version will not need the spark box or battery lowering the weight even more but I am running gas so that would be up to you

It would make a sweet little outboard for sure but like any other parts for this it would have to be made from scratch or a mount plate would be needed as the bolt pattern is not the same as the 231 or 260 but like anything else we started all this by putting weedwacker motors in boats a long time ago and look how far we have come with that

Thank's for all the input from this as it started as a shot in the dark over a year and a half ago and hopefully will be the next best thing for all those hull's under 40" that are stuck with either electric or nitro power

Hope to have it up and running this week if time allow's it seem's just when you get a minute to do something these day's something else come's along to spoil that you know that work thing