RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCV replacement parts and service
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Flyer Freq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Disappointed in RCV replacement parts

***UPDATE***

I received a phone call from Bill Jenson at BJ's Engine Repair Service. Bill explained several options for me, including the insertion of a bushing to receive the muffler elbow, or trying to mate the original cylinder to a new crankcase half. The bushing repair would, of course, be the cheapest route, but being as anal as I am, I told him I would like to try to repair it like new.

I was very impressed by Bill. His enthusiasm for this sport carried in his tone of voice. He also said that he has been approached by a company that has a flex pipe that they would like him to sell, that would work on most 4-Stroke engines. He asked my opinion on such a product. I told him that I thought it sounded great! A flex pipe may have saved me from cracking the lug that the muffler elbow screws into. Anyway, I just thought I would let you know that there are some decent options out there. I will keep you posted. I hope to get my engine boxed up and in the mail in the next day or two. Waiting for payday!

Andy