RCU Forums - View Single Post - Precision Aerobatics Katana MD Build and Fly
Old 07-24-2007, 10:00 PM
TNTtrucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Precision Aerobatics Katana MD Build and Fly

Boy this week went to crap for me. I was supposed to get my Katana MD from Atlanta Hobby today and just found out after calling for a tracking #, on my dime, that it was actually going out today (ordered on 7/17) still short a battery. All of the combo was 'in stock' on the web when I ordered it a week ago, and I actually talked to them on the phone and was told it was in stock! Glad I didn't drive the 4 1/2 hours to pick it up which I almost did!
I guess many of these places actually have a database of stock to load the website off of, meaning their stock status is a guess at best, or just a flat out lie. They do charge your CC immediately from a web order though, even for out of stock items. Hey, can't short them on their end! I could've ordered this combo from Australia (out of my own country) faster than this and had the PA motor! But worse, I could be flying by the weekend... not anymore. Why I choose this pain, I don't know. I guess it's from allowing myself to get excited about the Katana and what I would've called my 1st top quality 'real' 3D plane. I'm glad everyone loves theirs at least!

What's worse... I get it on both ends... as this happened to my wife's airfoilz... Same 'in stock' b.s. when ordered a week ago with 2-3 day shipping for a fun fly that (last) weekend. Not to mention it showed up with broken and creased up wings so it's going back for a new one anyway.

I don't even want to think of the KatanaMD right now, I just want more booze... Scorpion Mescal... ahhh... [8D]

Is our $, or $ period, really worth giving un-supported, invalid, b.s. stock levels on a website for? What % of sales do they make up by not showing an accurate up-to-date stock status?

Sorry to rant. Here's to us all... Salud!