RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Aeromaster .60 size biplane
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2003, 05:07 AM
loopnspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Aeromaster .60 size biplane

Hi Everyone,

I have just finished building a discontinued Great Planes Super Aeromaster .60 sized biplane kit. This is an old Lou Andrews design that just caught my eye. I modified a few things from the instructions that I thought would make the plane better. Those modifications are that instead of one aileron servo center mounted in the lower wing going out to two bell cranks for the ailerons, I cut out two hatches where the bell cranks would have gone and installed separate servos for each. I also increased the rudder area by about 25%. The top wing does not have ailerons. Besides these mods, I built it according to the plans and instructions. I am using a Saito .91 four stroke for power. This plane could be built with either a 48" or 52 1/2" wingspan either swept or straight. I built mine with both wings swept and the longer wingspan. I just thought I would post this in hopes that someone out there would give me some idea as to how this plane might perform with this setup so I might have some idea as to what to expect regarding take off's landing and general flight characteristics. I found it kind of strange that the recommended 4 stroke engine range was .90 to 1.20. My feelings are that the 1.20 would be way overkill for this plane. Thanks much to anyone