RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Somenized (TM) 69", Yak-54
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 10:56 PM
kochj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 69" QQ Yak-54

A Saito 180 is the same wieght as the Recomended OS 1.20? Not sure where this would be considered OVERloading the WIng area in this plane?
If you read about the next copetitor of this plane, you will have mixed opions.... The Funtana 100X
It is almost the same plane, as far as weight is concerned! Perhaps the QQ 69" is more weight!..
I had the Funtana 100x.. and a 1.20 AX in it.... and It needed more power for what I do with a plane....
The QQ Video shows mainly high speed flight... and the hovering shows to have marginal performance.... If you mess up then Look forward to trying to place the egnie back on the plane! It will separate!.....
I am not saying that is poor quility (in no way would I say that) but you need to understand that the current trend in arobatic planes is to make them very very light! and when it takes a crushing blow, it will need some repair..... I will say, that my funtana held up quite well! it did a carwheel and had very minor damage ( I had poured thin ca down the wings) and that kept alll the little pieces from falling out...

This plane is built light, just like the funtana 100X when you tip it over due to a gust of wind, and becasue of the marginal power pull out, it will take a dive!...
You may claim to be the best pilot out there but when you get in trouble, it is good to have that extra muscle to get you out!...

For pattern and mild arobatics and mild hovering a 1.20 may work fine...
If you fly mainly Hucking 3D, a 1254 or 1.29 2-stroke will leave you wanting....

GO for what ever you want, I don't really care,,, I just wanted to share my experience with a very simular plane and a power source....
I just wanted to try and warn those so they don't get that same setup and then wish they hadn't gone that direction for what they needed and intended to use this plane for...

Justin