RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini Funtana by E-Flite
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 03:06 PM
James A Fross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Funtana by E-Flite

I am seeking to find a good electric motor for my newly acquired MiniFuntana. Many forums suggest that I get a HiMaxx 2025 with gearing. Looking at Maxx Products, I see them priced at @ $63.00. I also notice a Outrunner by Himax @ 52.00. I hear reports that gearing tends to suffer rapid disintergration through less than perfect flights. On the other hand ,I discern that with gearing, I will be able to have greater flexibility with the propellors and batteries I might use. As I am a school teacher with a minimal hobby budget, I have to stretch the dollars as far as they can go. I want a good aerobatic plane with 3-D capabilities as my skills improve. My questions are as follows: 1. Should I go the Inrunner or the Outrunner route? 2. Would another motor from someone such as Tower Hobbies meet my needs? 3. I have 2 910 mAmp batteries with 20 c Discharge rates. Can I use them until I can get 1500mAmp or higher batteries( The old limited budget bugaboo)? Or will I just be running into problems that might cause motor or plane failure? I know these questions may seem simplistic to those of you with a great amount of experience, but without a reliable Hobby store within 50-60 miles, I am compelled to use this forum method for my answers. Thanks in advance for your responses: Jim Fross