RCU Forums - View Single Post - HiTec Optic 6 Case & handle Issues
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 05:53 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HiTec Optic 6 Case & handle Issues

[quote]ORIGINAL: XJet I just traded up to a JR 9X II and may have a ceremonial burning of the old Hitec gear :-) Actually, I'll just keep it for the club trainer. I'm looking forward to a radio that doesn't impose so many restrictions on programming, which won't reset its model-memory at random and which (touch wood) won't fall apart in my very hands :-) With an Eclipse 7 setup costing around NZ$600 or so, and an Optic 6 costing NZ$550 - the chance to buy a brand new JR 9X II with synth module, 10-channel synth PCM receiver and four servos for NZ$650 was just too good to pass up. I'll still use my Hitec servos though -- they're pretty damned good (especially those HS5955TGs in my gasser. /quote]
Hi Bruce, with respect I would be interested to learn how you arrived at the prices you quoted as the comparison appears to be flawed.
Eclipse NZ$529 inc GST
Optic 6FM ranges from NZ$399.00 to NZ$470.00 including GST
Cheapest JR set, as described, on search of NZ parallel importers retail shops is NZ$1050.00 including GST with JR NZ Agent's RRP for a standard JR set with SPCM $1314.79 inc GST (Synth set has not yet arrived in NZ and price is advised to be higher..
FWIW, I have not had any Optic 6 transmitters, with a broken handle, referred for service to date nor any request to date for a replacement case. Given the great numbers sold, I suggest that reported breakages are no greater than other brands. (On some of which I have repaired broken cases and handles.)
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links