RCU Forums - View Single Post - FLITON - AJ Extra 330S "Build thread"
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 09:19 PM
bsipro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FLITON - AJ Extra 330S "Build thread"

Hey Papajeff

you are going to love this plane. I have been flying it for 3 months and it is real nice.
Just a few things.
1 reinforce the rudder servo mount (add a piece of 1/8x3/16 wood to the 2 spars that hold the servo) mine broke and the plane came in.
2 use a servo push rod to hold the canopy on. (slide the push rod though the screw holes put a 3/4 bend on one side and let the rod stick out a 1/2 on the other side of the fus and slide a 1/2 peice of fuel line on the push rod to hold it in place. I use a plastic tube and some balsa to make a guide glued to the botom of the canopy. I post some pictures.
3 mark and drill the holes and press in the blind nuts for the motor after you glue the firewall together and before you build the motor mount
4 glue some anti skid cloth on the battery tray ( it holds the battery in place nicely with the Velcro strap.) battery will not slide.
5 were I fly the grass is a little long so I use 2 1/4 foam wheels (no wheel covers)
6 use steel screws for landing gear.

the plane is very robust I lost the rudder and it came in nose fist all I lost was the motor mount and cowl.

my setup:
Hitec HS65 mg rudder
Hitec HS65 al /el
Castle Creation 60 ESC
BEC
Hacker A30-10xl motor
Max Amp 3100 11.1v li-po