RCU Forums - View Single Post - FLITON - AJ Extra 330S "Build thread"
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 11:49 AM
papajeff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FLITON - AJ Extra 330S "Build thread"

Bsipro,

Boy, have I had problems with good old AOL which had something to do with Java issues so I could not post on any thread at all.
Now, I'm on Monzilla till the problem is solved with AOL.

So, thank you for your suggestions and tips. That's what I think this Hobby of ours is all about! Sharing our experience, ideas and knowledge with others. As an "OLD DINOSAUR" Grandpa, I know that I am never too old to learn something new, so you just feel free to add to this thread any time you like, as it is most appreciated.

I like your set-up, but so far, I have just decided on some of the electrics for this AJ. The Hitec guys have suggested HS-65HB's for the ailerons and elevator with an HS-85BB for the pull-pull rudder. You see, I have to make sure that this AJ Extra is as strong and powerful as possible just because of the Test Pilot. Actually, this is a great problem to have because the pilot will be my "Young Gun" pal and 3D flight instructor, Devin McGrath. The video, for the final RCU review, should be simply "Awesome" and this AJ should have a HUGE power system for Devin to stress as he puts the AJ thru it's paces. Also, Joey Ford, the"TECHNO MASTER"from Castle Creations, has recommended a Phoenix 60 which can be programmed with their Castle-Link and a computer to satisfy Devins flying style.

For the rest of the power system, I have decided to yield to the judgement of Edson and the Fliton "Welcome to the Next Level" crew. Now you can see that this "OLD DOG" Grandpa is sure in good hands! So, I will be as surprised as everyone else when I hear from Edson. I have a feeling that this AJ is going to be slightly unusual, Ohhhhhhhhhh.......Yeahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!