RCU Forums - View Single Post - When to begin scratch building?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2003, 08:19 PM
PaPa-NeGeorgeo
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When to begin scratch building?

Ive already completed two kits Kadet LT-40 and 4* 40. Both turned out pretty good. Lately ive been really looking for another plane to build. But since im flying impaired (im getting there just 63 more flights till i can solo lol) i cant build my favorite planes. (Mustang, DF Jet, Warhawk, etc..) Im a builder so building another trainer or sport flier doesn't really interest me. As ive looked through tower ive really only came upon one plane (kit) that fits the two of the three catogories im looking for (Beautiful scale looking plane, flies like a beginner plane, .40 size for transportation/money reasons). This plane is non other then the Topflite Cessna 182 skylane, ive been looking at this plane for at least 3 months saying i want this plane.
Problem: Kit is in a .60 size i need a .40 size. What to do.
How could i change this plane into a .40 size.
Solution: Down size the plans into a .40 size and scratch build it.
My question to you is although this plane is difficult to build do you think it would be a wise chose for someone like me to attempt to scratch something like this?
What i would do is get the dimesions of the GP ARF Cessna and basically build the same plane as the TF Cessna just smaller.

I just need to know how insane does this sound,

Thanks for any replies,

Papa