RCU Forums - View Single Post - Please help eager Newbie honey bee king 2
Old 08-15-2007, 08:29 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Please help eager Newbie honey bee king 2

djmeeg....... go here and post your questions. There is a thread completely devoted to the HBK2 and plenty of info there.
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_481/tt.htm]Esky helicopters[/link]
What you have in order of questions asked is
1. Tail blades should be just tight enough to stay in place with out touching them. To test if you shakle the heli and they stay in place.........too tight.
2. This question will also pertain to your 3rd question...... The gyro is not arming for one of a couple reasons, my guess is that the rudder trim slider is moved away from center. (On these helis to get the gyro to arm you must first turn on the Transmitter! Second, center all trim sliders except the throttle trim slider.{thats the slider to the right of the left stick} That one must be all the way down) After you check your transmitter then you may plug in your helicopter battery. NEVER EVER plug in the heli before the transmitter and NEVER EVER shut off the transmitter until you have unplugged the heli!! That rule will save you your fingers and eyesight if the heli decides to take off uncontrolled! Ok, so the transmitter (TX) is switched on, sliders all centered except the throttle slider all the way down and heli battery plugged in. The gyro will flashh quickly for a few seconds, then go to solid red. At that point the Tail servo will center itself and you will then have control of the tail (rudder stick)
4. Flybar paddle4s should move freely, that is a good thing.
5. Main blades should be snugged up so they stay in place if you lift the heli by the tail.........but they should slip down if you give the heli a shake up or down.
6. Do you have the TX antenna fully extended? If you move it too close to the heli where the reciever is, it will "glitch" and that could lead to a uncontrolled throttle up and shortly after.......crash!
7. Look at answer #2......... Always turn the TX on first then plug in the heli battery. When finished........unplug the heli first....then turn off the TX....... You are lucky all it has done is hiccup a little!
8. That is your idle up switch and changes your throttle and pitch curves drastically! You really need to find someone in your area who has some experience with Electric or gas helis to show you how to set up your heli or take it to your LHS (Local Hobby Shop) and have them show you what you need to do to set it up properly. A poorly set up heli is harder to fly and will likely crash long before it ever leaves the ground.

My final word of advice....... go to that thread I posted and post your questions there also..... There is a whole herd of helpful heli pilots there........ Ask crashcrash or betapilot for advice.....tell em Arrow sent you! Good luck djmeeg........and take it slow and get some help with setup, it takes a while to learn all you need to know to fly safely and enjoy the most challanging RC hobby there is!

By the way, I own a Honey Bee King also and just finished installing a brushless setup and better servos as well as a programmable TX/RX. I also have 4 Blade CP's and a TREX 450XL....... It really takes time to learn the things you need to know to get yourself in the air........go slow.........and enjoy!!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!