Old 08-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Stubborn Mule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Steve Kaluf and the AMA

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

ORIGINAL: JorLRice

Hey guys,
//snip//
The issue was discussed for a few minutes by the EC. The specifics of that discussion I am not at liberty to divulge and that is mostly out of courtesy for Steve Kaluf and Jim Cherry.
//snip//
I hope you can all appreciate the fact that anything to do with personnel matters is taken very seriously and treated with confidence and respect. To enter into an exchange on this forum would be contrary to the employee confidence aspect all professional organizations and businesses practice.
//snip//

I can't discuss this further and don't think any good will be served by further discussions among yourselves.

Jim Rice
District VIII VP
Spoken like a true politician, Jim. Almost like your predecessor, except you can well write sentences and paragraphs where the good doc. could only write simple word phrases.

It grieves me that you would try to subdue AMA members along with those that may consider becoming AMA members from expressing their thoughts.

The true road to dictatorship is to subdue the speech and free-thinking of the populace. Why do even the smallest political potatoes just have to keep down opposition by trying to shame and ridicule others from being forthright with their thoughts?

That is one of the main things that caused all the good-ol-boys to complain that I was difficult to work with. When I was a DVP, I kept no secrets from the membership. Really POed the "knights-of-the-square-table". That animosity still exists as you all well displayed this past Sun. 8/12/07.

Same Old Ship, Different Day! [sm=72_72.gif]

edit: spelling

Sounds to me like you're expressing sour grapes for being kept off the ballot!

Actually Horrace, the road TO dictatorship is to rouse the rabble! Something you know very well and practice. Once the dictatorship is established, then the free-thnking and speech are subdued. Again, as you well know!

I applaud Jim for attempting to maintain some professional decorum with this matter. Something I see is quite foreign and lost to some of the participants here.

Face it Horrace, you're not the white Knight Riding in to save the fair AMA damsel! Nor will you ever be! Get use to it!

The Mule