RCU Forums - View Single Post - Steve Kaluf and the AMA
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 02:19 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Steve Kaluf and the AMA

ORIGINAL: combatpigg
This thread is about Steves' firing and it needs to be kept on track IMO. There IS room on this forum to start another thread.
Come on there Combat, precedent is staying on subject. You can't say on one hand to it's not fair to bring down a "volunteer" and turn cheek when I give an example or an analogy. I mean what your claming is no different then saying "I didn't sexually harrass my co-worker in the office, AFTER I punched out". Take that to the courthouse and see how far it gets you. A far strech, but the same concept of Steve turing into a volunteer after hours.

Steve is a paid employee of the AMA who has a boss and must take direction from his superiors. They hired Jim to make a turnaround and maybe that turnaround included the fact that his employees run a tight ship. Whether he was riding a mower or anything else does not make an ounce of difference. Perhaps that's exactly what Jim was trying to avoid, his employees turning their hats around on their own free will. But we all know Muncie IS NOT a volunteer based operation. Goodwill can always come with bad ramifications, it happens quite often, ask our American President about that one.

I know Steve is a great guy, but he is a paid employee of the AMA and that comes with responsibilities. If he wants to run for a volunteer position like perhaps and EC slot, he still can. Heck if AMA members feel so strongly about it, sounds like a perfect time for Steve to jump on the write in ballot. Based on his campaign mission, I may be the first to support and vote for him.

Sorry Combat, I'm not as quick as to point finger as others do on this forum, you should know that by now. I believe every word Steve has said and respect him. But Jim Cherry has a tough job and a has to deal with a tough crowd, give it time.