RCU Forums - View Single Post - Re-painting old Tamiya plastic bodies
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 05:28 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Re-painting old Tamiya plastic bodies

Guys thanks for the input. Drevil - funny you should say that. I did go over the truck about a year ago with a scotchbrite and made the chassis clean and shiny again but as you mentioned the trans plugs where a problem. one was fine but the other two just fell apart. The truck ran perfect 25 years ago when i put it away and it's not moved from my shelf for anything other than a basic cleaning or to show some curious person every couple of years. I put it away after clipping a branch and breaking off the mirror. I was about 12 when I bought this truck. Parents agreed to pay half if I paid half so after about a year of mowing lawns and shoveling snow I had my half. After breaking the mirror off i was too scared to run it again. afraid I'd hurt something I couldn't afford to fix. I'm not sure but I doubt it had more than 3 or 4 battery run through it. The skid plate and axels don't have a single scratch. I think I'll take your advise and redo the body. I'm not in any hurry to sell it unless the absolute right offer came along ($1000+) and i do miss the reaction from people when I brought it down with the shiny paint. Anyone know where to get decals?