RCU Forums - View Single Post - Engine vibration effect on LiOn?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 11:34 AM
NikolayTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine vibration effect on LiOn?

Three(3) "escape" scenarios:

1. Make Lights to your Gas plane with LEDs; there are many versions on eBay, just type LED
and you will see such which distribute light almost in 180 deg hemisphere and you can fly
much nicer in cloudy days; when the Smoke is not visible enough - lights make lot of fun
and LiIon are nicely light-weight.

2. You can still make some Electric RC planc with those LiPoly, there they seems the best one.
In fact that might be better because you can save(!) a great deal of money if you do not crash
your gas plane due to battery falure, while an electric park flyer or el.glider is lot of fun where
there are size or noise restrictions.

3. Alternatively, there might be some lot more expensive solutions, coming from companies
which make those Multuiple-Servo Controllers. In some of them I have seen Battery
Care-Taker Unit, EXACTLY very good for taking care for LiPoly, and I hope the better device
would be the one where you plug the cells individually, i.e. inside that device should be built a
Cell Monitor. I am afraid though such unit due to limited market is going to be too expensive.
Unfortunately, I do not keep refence what the maker name was but I believe those who fly
either Giant-scale or Jets they use them whole the time, i.e. you can see their models.