RCU Forums - View Single Post - First speed plane
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 02:44 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First speed plane

FF:

Quit swetting this thing. Its just a very fast sport ship with a engine you can depend on. The jett iddle is very reliable, so once up, come back on the throttle below 50% to slow things down and getting things trimmed. Once trimmed, you can do loops, rolls ect. AFTER YOU GET USED TO IT. Until you get her trimmed, you won't know what you got. I have had bad luck with the V tails through the years, even factory birds, so I stay with the conventional. If either side of the V is off, you may have some serious issues. Should be solid and easy to fly, if not keep her off WFO, that engine will just keep on cranking out what you want with reliability. I like things a little tail heavy, so my setup reqires expo and DR. In my go faster bird, there's a Jett 60LX, the bird just a Q-500 streemlined like a Q-40, the combo is scary fast and eats quickees for lunch, period. Ended up drilling a new hole for a clevis between the servo shaft and last inside hole, and standard horn on the elev, outside hole. Aileron DR is 100%.70%, and 50%, ends up at 50% on the pylons. Expo is 70, 70, 50. Elevator is 75%, 65%and 50% DR, expo is 70, 65, 50. On pylons use either lower of last two. You are going to have to use DR on the elevator to get to the factory recommended throws. Get the CG spot on, and use the factory throws. Takeoff is always at high rates, and then back to low. My radio JR 10X has 3 rates for each surface, you may have only two so use high and low. For your first flight, stick some expo in the ailerons, and elevator. You can always ruduce and modify to fly the way you want, we all are different!! You want to be able to keep this thing in the air and get it down in one piece. Yes, can fly mine without any DR or expo, but not cumfortably 15' off the ground around the pylons. I enjoy cranking the beast up, turn around and set hit down on the taxiway, taxi out to a full stop and then takeoff and watch the guys run for the fence or shack. Dont know what they are most afraid of, the speed of the plane or the age of the pilot who occasionally yells "which way did it go". Could this be a mortal sin? ENJOY