RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Ride...
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 09:08 PM
spazzyfry123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Ride...

Hey everyone,
It's been a while since I've been on here. I sort of lost interest after a member on this site stole a T-MAXX of mine that I had a lot of money and time invested in (pressed charges and got FBI involved for internet fraud and all of that, but nothing ever came out of it after a couple years or so...so I just gave up...still looking to kick his ass though). Anyway...after tinkering around with some of my other cars recently, I've decided to finally go the buggy route. I'm almost set on getting the Hyper 7 kit...I'm not a beginner with R/C by any means, but this will be my first buggy...So with that said, would this be a good buggy to get? I'm looking to just go have fun with it out on construction sites and maybe a little bit of racing (so I do plan on keeping it legal). I'm not really sure which motor to go with, but I have been looking at O.S.'s .21 line of motors since I've had great luck with their company in the past. Or should I spend just a little bit more than $150 and get something nicer like a Rossi or something? Keep in mind that this is mainly going to be used to have some fun with with a minute amount of actual racing. But like I said, I know nothing about the 1/8th scale buggy scene, so any and all help is greatly appreciated. I also have a starter box for my Rustler...any way that could work with this buggy or am I looking at dropping a few more bucks to get an 1/8th scale one?

Also, I'm looking at getting another radio setup. I know it doesn't really belong in this forum, but hell...the kit needs one, right? What would be a nice radio (FM preferably, but not really important since all I've ever used was AM) that has the ability to store about 3 or 4 cars total, comes with a receiver and servos (for the buggy); but pretty cheap. I'm not looking for anything outrageous...just something that is cost-friendly and gets the job done well. But it has to have one of those nifty computer screens to complete the cool-factor [8D] The R/C scene has really changed over the past couple years...I'm impressed! But at the same time, I feel like I'm in the dark not being kept up to date on the latest things.

Thanks everyone!
-Tyler