RCU Forums - View Single Post - silverlit acrobat 3d(3 channel x-twin/airhog)
Old 09-07-2007, 08:18 AM
beanie1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: silverlit acrobat 3d(3 channel x-twin/airhog)

ORIGINAL: Park_Flyer

Response to turn input on the stick is slow. So I found myself over compensating by full throttling through the corners sending the plane into a downward spiral. For some reason my motors continue to spin at full throttle for about three seconds after I release the stick. Now this really took some getting use to. The box claims the radio has a range of three hundred feet. My plane seems to have a range of one hundred and fifty feet. If even that far? After that it would cut out and glide to the ground despite me running across the field, holding the radio up high, hitting the throttle like a mad man....LOL... At first I thought interference. So I went to another field, and all the flight characteristics remained the same. In fact, I was ready to chalk this one up as a waste of money.
But eventually through throttle management and early stick input for turns and a whole lot of patience. I was able to put this little bird in the sky, and let her rip. The plane has plenty of power, and climbs fast. There's no working the wind to get this bird up, just throttle her up and throw. I was quite impressed with the loops this little plane is capable of. They are tight and straight. I was able to do two, three, and sometimes four loops in a row. Very fun to say the least...!!!!...And once use to the plane, I was able to use those full throttle turns that earlier on in the day caused me to nose dive into the ground. And now use them to do some pretty acrobatic flying. All and all not a bad little plane. If only the radio were better? I'm still a little up in the air on this one. I will have to fly it again before I can consider this one a keeper, and go by two or three more...LOL...There is no doubt this plane is a whole lot of fun. If only it had more range?

Dave
Hi Guys,

Newb to the site but been flying the Silverlit planes for a while and was very excited to get the 3D Acrobat version after enjoying the X-Twin Classic Trainer for a while. I too have found the range ont he 3D Acrobat is at best 100ft. and the reaction to transmitter inputs is very sketchy. Sometimes it continues at full throttle when you've released the stick, other times it drops when you're trying to apply full throttle, etc.

Has anyone managed to improve these problems on this model? I'm wondering if it's actually the transmitter contacts that might be the issue, as mine feels like it's got worse with use? Any thoughts as when it's in range and responding it'd a demon!! [8D]

Cheers, Beanie1