RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carbon Fiber Hazard
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2003, 05:50 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: victoria, BC, CANADA
Posts: 253
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Hazard

your carbon fiber mug is most likely safe because the actual little fibers have been embedded in epoxy or some other resin. This will prevent you from ingesting them. The main proplem arises when you inhale them, like any fine dust it can lodge in your aveoli(sacs that absorb oxygen in lungs) and hinder breathing. Ingestion of carbon fiber should be no problem. If you ever get picked up and are very very drunk the police or ambulance will make you drink a mix of carbon(in the form of fine ash) and water. While very disgusting it absorbs the alcohol in your stomach and you promptly throw it back up.