RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 46 powered TC31 the making...
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 07:57 PM
wave waker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS 46 powered TC31 the making...

WOw!! great prop info. guys [sm=thumbup.gif],,keep it up...for sure lot of help to peeps there...

ok, back from indy race, [&o]sad to say no enough boat to make an Open RTR so no race for tc31, but i ran it during open water just to show-off a little, boat performs great actually better than my 2 out of 3 race boat acting so crappy [:@]the whole weekend...after makin' few laps i'd checked the engine temp. and noticed went high just to realised i used my racing fuel with 51% nitro[sm=lol.gif] instead of my fun fuel 15%nitro, that's why i'm kinda impressed how it runs, the difference is obvious..

hopefully, this week i can visit the lake and speed tuned it.

hey Ron, speaking of prop slippage i'm takin' it to consideration, since i got an rpm sensor and gps for speed, and the prop chart, i can tell the prop slippage of the boat...actually, this how i test if the hull is good or not.

hey guys i got this additional speed idea[sm=idea.gif] i want to try, i'l use a lifting prop strut, see the pics, the one in the left side is the lifting prop strut and the stock on the right, notice the bottom surface is flat compare to round, this is usually use in hydro's....during planing i believed this will help lift the boat and maintain the planing....i'm excited to try.....or maybe u guys can try it by doin some filing and sanding to make the stock prop shaft bottom flat,,,just don't blame me if something goes wrong[sm=drowning.gif][sm=bananahead.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92323.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	759916   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96261.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	759917