RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Hey, can i drive that.."
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 07:37 AM
nitrorcjunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Hey, can i drive that.."

I live across the street from a school complex, middle and elementary schools, and there's always a lot of people there, walking on the track, playin' roundball, etc. I inevitably draw a crowd. There's a drainage swale that is very similar to a snowboard halfpipe, over 1000 feet long, 6 feet deep, 40 feet wide. I run my Picco powered T-Maxx there and people see me ripping it up and think they can drive like I do. So, when they ask I say sure, hand over 40 bucks for the parts you will inevitably break and you can try. I've only had one taker, and he actually got the hang of it quickly and didn't break anything. (yes I gave him his cash back) So now I bring my RC18B with me and let the kids fool with it. One kid, after driving the 18, brought his dad with him. Dad drove for a while, and a few days later they were both back with their new vehicles they bought cause they liked mine ( an E-Savage and a Sportwerks Turmoil). So I influenced two new RC hobbyists, which is exactly how I got into the hobby.