RCU Forums - View Single Post - What do you think about JETLEGEND L39?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 08:00 AM
SpiderJets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you think about JETLEGEND L39?

I just saw two kits of the JL L-39 in Rotor Hobby in Singapore.... Really well made, absolutely value for money.
Actually... I was so impressed about the content of the kit that I bought one, although I came there for some small R/C stuff ! [:@]
This should fly very well with the P-120, wheels are really big too, should work perfectly on grass fields too.
I am only a bit surprised about size of the the fuel tanks... they could have easily made plugs for 2x2 liters in China, so would satisfy P-160 owners and the like too.
I got the impression the present ones are just a bit too small.
Also the bypass looks a bit undersized (but I can be wrong) and I would replace the back end with a metal bellmouth (P-160's get very hot at the business end !)
For the rest, nothing but praise... very well engineered, finishing is great (except for the obvious seams they didn't fight with filler, but you don't look at such a model at close distance), and everything was installed and very very comprehensive. I also saw the landing gear, very robust. At first impression : little can be improved.
There is no manual only two 1:1 plans ; I'd rather had had some recommendations on servos and throws...
But yes : I haven't seen it flying nor have I started building it. So, no total impression so far.
But once again : superb quality for a very very affordable price !

Nicolas.