RCU Forums - View Single Post - Laws of RC and UAV planes?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 09:11 AM
wjglynn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Laws of RC and UAV planes?

Gentlemen,

The power of the internet sometimes skews our perspectives. If you will notice, Jettpilot lives in an area of the world where there is more risk of hitting a big rock in the desert than inflicting real damage to property or limb. Others of you live in populated areas where the risk footprint is entirely different. Here in Kansas I am sort of in between. I can go to an sparsely populated area if I wanted to conduct the same kind of hobby/research that JettPilot does. I choose not to. Where I do fly, I do aerial photography but not out of sight. The point here is that what would be a high risk flight in one part of the world may be practically no risk elsewhere. Let's take the world politics and local laws out of the equation in this forum and let common sense prevail. I do not always agree with some of JettPilot's perspectives but who said I (or we) had to. He is a talented RC enthusiast who has been willing to share his experience with us. (He has to put up with us too.) I think we should all be aware of the world diversity brought to this single discussion thread and try not to get sucked into proclaiming universal truths when they just don't apply everywhere. Let's share with each other technical expertise and take with a grain of salt any local laws or political views interjected from any given area of the world.

Just a hayseed opinion from Kansas,

Bill