RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dont ya just hate them darned pesky little kids!!???
Old 09-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Krashu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dont ya just hate them darned pesky little kids!!???

ORIGINAL: infernalstone

Normally, I don't respond to these things, but I want to get something straight.

If you, as a parent, come outside, and see your 5 year old running in circles in the yard, having the time of their life, while my Lunchbox putters around after them at a raging 3 miles per hour, you're going to promptly come across the street and start wailing on me?

Because basically, that's what your reaction is to what that poster is saying.

And as far as a kid getting hit for deliberately jumping in front of a moving vehicle. Well, sorry, I'm sure the law says otherwise, but the child deserves it. The child was doing something with the intention of ruining someone else's property, and it backfired on them. Now, if we're talking the other way around, the driver ignoring the fact that there are kids, or aiming for kids, is one thing. But that was not the kids intention, it sounds. How about this. You go driving your nice expensive car up and down the street, and I'll start throwing cinder blocks at it. Same concept, except I'm being smarter about it than the child and aiming for the same result just without putting myself in harms way. By the way, if your truck busts my cinderblock, it's your fault for hitting my block and you need to go buy me a new cinder block.

You know, 50 years ago, the parents would have punished the kid for getting his legs broken as a result of being an idiot and being inconsiderate of other peoples property. And then after getting those solid plaster casts on the kid, gone to see if they would have to repair any damage their idiot son caused.

I agree with this man.