RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3 channel radio questions (3pm?)
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Sean Bowf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3 channel radio questions (3pm?)

ORIGINAL: TheRealDeal

I just read the instructions again and on page 54 it does say you can use the DT3 lever for channle 3 (I stand corrected) there for I would difanatly go with the Futaba radio over the Hitec
When I had read the instructions, I pictured DT3 and DT4 as push buttons. So I thought when it said you can put the 3rd channel there, than pushing the button would activate it (to full travel).

I also thought the switch in front of the steering wheel was the default switch to control the 3rd channel. So I thought pushing it forward moved the 3rd channel all the way one direction, and pulling it toward the steering wheel made it go full travel the other direction.

After talking to Paul, it makes more sense now. He said the switch by the steering wheel only turns the third channel on and off...and is not the control for it. Also, after talking to him, I take it DT3 is a momentary slide switch (spring loaded to center). So you can push it forward, or you can pull it backward to variably adjust the position of the 3rd channel. I am going to wait till I find a boat, but if a radio does not come with the boat, this will probably be the radio I will get (no more fooling with crystals...heh).

Thanks to everyone for their inputs, they are much appreciated.

Sean