RCU Forums - View Single Post - AX 10 or wheely king
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 10:45 PM
RCminded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AX 10 or wheely king

Those pics look real good and all but did you make it any further up the climbs because in both cases it looks like you are about to go over and without seeing it up any further it makes no point. Pictures are real nice for setup shots and articulating but they don't show the real performance of the truck. but like I said Though I have not gotten the Ax-10 dialed in the WK still out climbs.

Futhermore another point I forgot to mention some quality issues with the AX-10. I found that the rear upper link mount easily pops out under load, the diff lockers appear to be wearing out already the shocks came apart on me and the hexs don quite fit the wheel.
The shocks areno surprise but i hoped the lockers would have lasted longer, the link problem means a new upper link system, and the I theink the wheels are not made within tight enough tolerances. I have a pair on the WK that I gued the hexes into.

It is a good truck but if your plan to really punish it then be prepared to fix it. I had hoped for a rig that I would not have to do anything but setup and tuning to not redesign(upper link).

Whatever you do understand that both need work to make them stout competitors.

Finally kind of of topic but it really pains me to see the devote Wheely King following so quickly abandon these poor truck in favor of the easier truck. Will the Wheely King survive this sudden drop in interest?