RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which is better and why
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 08:07 PM
gooycheese

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which is better and why

Stein,

If I was you I would listen to Sean , Dan & Ron on this matter. Sean & Dan both have MV's and Sean has done alot of test and mods with the boats he has and is very knowledgeable on what the boat can do. Ron is an all around boat guru , he does know alot about boats. I myself have never run a MV and have never seen a formula, I have seen the .15 version hydro and did like the looks of it better and the quality of the boat looked better but thats from just a aesthetic view. If you are just getting a boat to play with I would guess both are fine, if you intend to race in a RTR class then the MV has a slight edge in that case. I know Sean just lost the last race of the season to a proboat, and from what I have read he is pretty good in the RTR class with his MV. Yes a MV can compete in the sport 20 class but it is way outclassed, but thats not whats important (whats important is finishing races, thats how you Win ( Thats why the MV just Won US1 in sport 20 in the Internats this year)).

Paul

Looking at both boats it does look alot easier to work on a MV over a proboat for sure.