RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brent Good Custom Airframes 50cc Yak 54
Old 10-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Brent G
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brent Good Custom Airframes 50cc Yak 54

Next attach the doublers to the fuse sides. Use a peice of the wingtube socket to align the wing tube doublers on the fuse side. Align the wingtube doubler so that it is flush with the top and bottom of the fuse side. Be sure that you are attaching the doublers to the inside of the fuselage. On all the fuse parts the engraved part name goes on the out side.

Each fuse side gets 3 round doublers with a 1/4" hole for the rotation pins and the wing bolt. I use a dowl or a drill bit to index the doubler over the 1/4" hole in the fuse side.

Next is the horizontal stab mount. You will notice that the stab is countersunk into the fuse. This makes the whole perimeter of the stap help keep it from rotating. Locate the stab doubler. The part is about 1/4" bigger than the root of the stab and has an engraved line the shape of the stab root. Apply a bead of glue out side the engraved line all the way around the stab doubler. Slide the doubler inplace and use the engraved line to help aligne the part under the stab cut out. Drop the stab root cap into the hole and use a peice of 1/2" stab socket to align the doubler. Once you are happy with the doubler location remove the root cap and wipe away any excess glue. Weigh down the fuse over the doubler and let the glue dry.

It is necessary to trim off the tab that extends into the pull pull slot. This is something that I will be changing in future kits.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86268.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	774187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56441.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	774188   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di11020.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	41.8 KB