RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS TZ.12 price????
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: OS TZ.12 price????

The TG was more of a sport engine or for those that run on tracks where big horsepower isn't needed.
The LRp that I have is a .12, not an .18 as I've been building the boats for the IMPBA "A" mono class for years but haven't seen a race yet where they're running them.
What I've found out about RPM and HP numbers is that you can't trust them as you need to find out where the torque curve is at also. I've learned this the hard way 3 times, twice with Fantom .12's and now with the LRP. What I sholud be able to easily turn on the LRP right now it won't. I have to go really far down in prop size to get any RPM out of it, the same problem that I had with the Fantom's. They'll kick ass and take names at a dirt track but aren't worth a hoot on water. The OS's and the old Trinity/Picco's do run well in watercraft. One thing that is killing them though are the tiny 5.5mm bore carbs that ROAR mandates.

I don't know what's up at OS. they came out with several engines that were very good then the next thing that you know, the'yre dicontinued. Either they are coming out with some badder versions or just getting ready to jack the prices up. The OS 3.5 OB engine is an example. They quit selling it in the US but you could get them in Japan. They came out with a newer version with a different alloy piston and sleeve then the price goes up a Benjamin.