RCU Forums - View Single Post - ........."BELT-CP THREAD"........
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 01:35 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

ORIGINAL: justlift

A lot of good info for us all but a nother thing is the servo from esky are junk and so is the tx it is so bad that i think you would have more control with wires hock to the heli so for the first time flyer it would be good to get a good radio and some good servo for the belt cp it will give you a lot more control and a lot less crashing. I am a newbie in the heli sport but in the RTF model the tx is bad [:'(] how can they send somthing like that and exspected you to learn.
I wouldn't say they are Junk. They have been working fine for me since April with no issues. Can they survive a crash? No, they are delicate but do FLY well and they are quick enough for basic sport flying with mild aerobatics. Servos are designed to move control surfaces and linkages not survive a crash. The whole goal is not to crash and if you crash regularly, you NEED to practice with trainer gear or get more time on a sim. I fly with a basic Blade CPP radio so the radio will not make your helo fly better. If it is not handling right then it needs to be adjusted correctly. I have worked with CP helos for a bit and especially Belts. When something is wrong with the helo it is usually a mechanical set up issue. Sometimes, Receiver issues if they are set up wrong with antennas not clear of the ESC etc.. Bone stock with the rate gyro fly just fine. If you can't fly it that way, don't blame the Helo. Just go back to the setup and practice, practice, practice.

Program ESky ESC:My interpretation of the ESC manual:

1. 25A continuous current
2. 50A peak current
3. Low Voltage Cutoff - 9.2VDC - Power cut to 20 percent of signal so it should be noticable.
4. Programmable

No brake = beep beep beep when power is first applied.

Brake = beepbeep beepbeep beepbeep when power is first applied.

5. Programming sequence
Turn power off
Throttle to full power
Trun power on
Throttle to zero power before audible beeps expire
Turn power off
Turn power on and setting (audible beeps) should match new desired setting