RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Big Aussie (SYD) Get Togethers (Group Fly)
Old 10-05-2007, 07:50 AM
I_Love_My_ABC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Big Aussie (SYD) Get Togethers (Group Fly)

O.K,

I'm finally happy that the P-51D Mustang is ready to maiden on Sunday morning!! The replacement gearbox arrived a couple of days ago and I finally got a chance to finish off a few things ie. properly mount the battery pack with velcro strips, properly mounted the RX... with the damn crystal installed this time, taped up the leading wing edges with clear packing tape, removed the stock landing gear again, re-programed the ESC for the correct profile and LiPo setting and finally got the C.G. set in the recommended place.

I was unable to move the battery pack any further forward due to the foam firewall, so I had to do something I absolutely hate to do to get the C.G. even remotely near where it should be. I had to place two old socket set sockets and a pile of blue-tac inside the cowl. Eventually I got the C.G. set but it really feels like it's very nose-heavy. Oh well, it's exactly where the manual said it should be, so the only way to tell for sure is to just throw it up in the air and see what happens...