RCU Forums - View Single Post - Back to basics - finally got an enforcer - Delighted !!
Old 10-13-2007, 04:01 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Back to basics - finally got an enforcer - Delighted !!

Been eyeballing the Enforcers since I first saw one in a hobby shop around 16 years ago in Australia. Simple lines but purpose built.

The price has always been reasonable (Ok - well not in Australia) but never bit that bullet. Seen a few guys running them and their performance was always predictable and stable.

Well the opportunity presented itself and I figured why not. I picked one up today. She is used but other than carbon on the plug you would not know it. I was wanting something the misses can run as well as something simple to take out when conditions are too rough for normal RC boating. She is air cooled with clutch which probably wont break too many speed records but for my purposes is fine.

Despite seeing plenty from a few feet away and never hearing complaints from other owners, I have never got up close and personal with one. I have to take my hat off to the people of WHH for what can only be discribed as stellar attention to detail. It is extremely simple and yet everything works. The hull is solid yet sufficiently light. The glasswork is as nice as any hull I have seen (Both domestic and foreign) and gelcoat certainly makes some of the $900 german hulls look a little lacking. In all honesty I could not fault the build in any way (ok - other than the former owner using foam in the hull which has pulled the deck a little). But to the builders at WHH I can only say that practice has made perfect.
Gelcoat - Perfect
Glasswork - Perfect
Rail installation - Perfect
Motor installation - Perfect
Radio box - Perfect
Drive hardware - Perfect
Considering this boat sells new for around $750 I can only say that they cut no corners in the product they deliver. I dont know if this was just some freek build for display at a show (though former owner just ordered it online) but I can only say that I was impressed at the quality and attention to detail - regardless of price.

This is in no way an ad for WHH - I dont believe I have ever purchased directly from them and have never received any benifit from them either - this is simply credit where credit is due I have always recommended them based on what I have seen and heard. I guess I just feel reassured that the quality of this boat will out last a hand full of proboats. Simple design and layout. Easy to service. Easy to use. And so on.

Now I can only say I was pretty delighted at the price I paid and all the extras that the seller threw in (Digital charger, balancer, radio, Nimh batteries, Props, stand, tool box filled with parts, failsafe, Spare full tuned pipe - even a fishing rod All up about $700 in spares that were mostly new). You dont want to know what I paid - I feel more like I stole her

I will post pics (though you pretty much know what she will look like) soon and hope to get her wet before too long.