RCU Forums - View Single Post - GWS Pico TIGER MOTH - Flight Report
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 04:30 AM
tam popo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GWS Pico TIGER MOTH - Flight Report

Jespa - on the pico Stick, where are the struts you mentioned/ Are they o the wings to stop flex etc and if they are did you put them at leading edge or where? Sorry to hear about the crash, was it a trimming mistake or wot? The Tiger Moth - wires are a good idea, but remember that if you need access to esc or servos when built you have to pull the fuse through the top and bottom wing space. I overcame this by making carbon strut holders epoxied to top and bottom of wings. They can be pulled out of their sockets and the wings then flex to allow the access. Good luck with your build.
TX and RX - I use the cheap type of set (E-Fly, GWS, HiTec Zebra etc). For £40 you get brushed esc, 2/3 servos, crystals, RX and TX - the cost here of DX6 TX and RX is about £120!!!! I have 4 sets of crystals so if someone else is flying nearby I can change to a different frequency. Great. I like the simplicity and have never had a problem in the middle of my city area with glitching etc. Its a good start for kids, the AA battteries I have are rechargeable as well and there is a buddy lead with some sets. Hope this helps.
Tried my TMoth on 2S lipo last night and was surprised how powerful the TP motor is. A new HiMax motor put in Beaver (A2212 I think) and the plane was almost hovering in living room!!!! 200W, 2000+ Kv, 3mm shaft - wow, definately getting more for some other b/less planes I have.
I also put in a similar, more powerful Hyperion in my Thunder Tiger Giles 202 3D Profile and that was incredible. That was hovering.!!!!
I started a new post on Park Flyers etc entitled "Slow Flers, show us your planes...any make" - drop in and take a look if anyone enters it[&o][:-]