RCU Forums - View Single Post - KMP 1.20 Size Extra 330S ARF
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2003, 01:36 AM
Richardfast
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMP 1.20 Size Extra 330S ARF

I now have about 30 flights on my KMP Extra 330S ARF. I would have more but we are just getting terrible weather in general here in SE Michigan. When the weather is good it seems like I have other committments.
I do not have a single complaint about the airplane! I get many positive comments at the flying field about both looks and flying qualities. Remember, I do not have much aerobatic experience and I am taking it slow. The worst thing that has happened so far is a drop-in from about two feet (too slow). Nothing was hurt. Notice I didn't use the ugly phrase "tip stall". Isn't going to happen with this plane. Stalls are straight ahead. On low rates, I cannot get the model to spin, but it will do a barrel roll like snap. On high rates it spins and snaps great.
This plane is my Sportsman pattern plane, so I am mainly doing very basic stuff trying to learn to fly a straight line at a constant distance parallel to the flight line; a very hard, for me, thing to do.
Trim is pretty good, but I I have a ways to go to get it perfect for pattern. The plane is not very responsive to rudder when trying to correct for cross wind. The plane does not weathervane, it just gets shoved sideways. This is not unexpected in a scale aerobatic plane. I guess this is why pattern plane fuselages are so long (to give a large yaw moment for subtle cross wind corr- ection).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	76156_22272.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	40207