RCU Forums - View Single Post - Got an Airvista from a Friend <help>
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2003, 11:21 PM
FalcoNg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got an Airvista from a Friend <help>

Hi, this is my first post here, and I'm wondering if any of you guys can help me out.

My friend bought this Hobbico Airvista about 4 years ago I belive. He used it for a while but soon got inot another hobby. He told me that it had been sitting in his garage for 2 years without being touched. He said I can take it if I want but the plane had some problems. The radio that he had for it was missing its antenna, he had 2 servos only and did have a receiver, the plane was extremely dusty and greasy from the fuel exhaust again, the servo tray was lost, and on some of the control surfaces the push rods were going through the covering a little. Ive have never really been into R/C because of a lack in funds. Well I'm wondering if you guys think I should bring this airplane back to life or if I should just scrap it and buy a brand new trainer. I'll have to save some money for a couple of months in order to buy the new trainer. If I do end up buying one I'm looking at buying the hobbico superstar. Well let me know your opinions.