RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Brushless DF Board Soon Available !!
Old 10-24-2007, 04:42 AM
Old Man Mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Brushless DF Board Soon Available !!

During the last few weeks I have had the privilege of testing a new Brushless Draganflyer board converted by Mike Dammar (the Draganflyer designer). The features of this board are:

1) Works with the motors and ESCs used in my DF Brushless Conversion.

2) Eliminates the Optical Isolators

3) Eliminates the patched connections to the receiver module

4) Eliminates the 30 Ohm Resistors.

5) Runs with the default ESC settings.

6) Improves efficiency by 25%. 30 ounce system (approx 8 ounce payload) flys at 100 watts with throttle at 60%.

7) Tested at 70 ounce thrust level for maximum throttle.

8) Loop Gain changed for greater stability with the brushless motors (no more oscillations)

Dammar would like to have some feedback via email from anyone that could be interested in buying the brushless version of the board (incudes Berg Receiver) for $375 plus shipping. He also plans to include a free 8 pin motor connector with pins and a set of rotor blades with the order. If he gets enough emails from people who want to buy it, then he will provide them in a limited quantity. Those who have the new style board with the four pin headers in the front (only a few of these out there) will be able to have their boards converted for $50.

Dammar's email is: [email protected]

(Be sure to put the words "Brushless DF" in the Subject line to avoid being lost in spam mail.)

Those of you that have flown the Draganflyer with the first brushess conversion know how smooth the flight can be. There is also improvement going from my conversion to Dammar's conversion which is mostly from tuning the gyro feedback and the TI sensitivity. I can say that with the old DF, I would never take my hands off the controls. I have flown this new board (in TI) fully loaded (10 oz payload, 30 oz system) with hands off for 20 seconds. I have only tried the board with Fieago motors used in my original conversion but have the outrunner motors that Rusty uses and will try those soon. By the way, that 335 foot flight I posted with video was using the new card.

Again, the conversion of the original Draganflyer to brushless using this PWB is based on the motors and ESCs shown in this documentation:

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6316400/tm.htm]Draganflyer Brushless Conversion Documentation[/link]

Mike