RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 10-24-2007, 05:36 PM
krproton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

ORIGINAL: normandouellette
Tim if you read this please give me your advise, have you seen this fly on twin os46? @ 1.2hp each or twin Os70's @ 1.1 hp each? Twin 82's will develop 1.5hp each and I wonder if it will lift this plane decicively!
Hi normandouellette.

Arrrgh! I have reservations about getting into discussions about engine sizes--other than to repeat what would be the Company line..."The Top Flite 1/9th B-25 ARF was designed and tested to fly with the engines within the specified range. Should you decide to use engines larger or smaller than the ones recommended you are "on your own" and your warranty may be voided should any problems arise due to your engine selection."

Well, I don't know if that's the Company line exactly, but I'm sure it goes something like that.

I will add that this is a SCALE model and intended to fly in a scale-like manner. This is a B-25, not an IMAC 3D model! [sm=tongue_smile.gif] Powered by O.S. .70 Surpass IIs, this thing ROCKS!!! Full-throttle, low-altitude fly-bys will get your heart pumping--don't worry! And she flies most scale-like at about half to three-quarters throttle. Any two-stroke within the recommended size range will yield the same result or better.

I'm not saying you have to use O.S. engines--please use whatever brand of engine you prefer--as long as they are within the recommended size range!

(My personal B-25 is powered by two O.S. .70 Surpass IIs).

Another problem with using larger engines is they may not fit on the included mounts (or the included mounts may not be strong enough to support larger engines) and larger mounts may not fit on the firewall.

Well, that's about all I can think of regarding the use of larger engines. All we can do is test the model and come up with a size range, then print it on the cover of the manual. We can't come to your house and force you to use them![sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Oh, and one more thing normandouellette, for goodness sake, don't work too hard on your B-25 and get some rest--lest you make a mistake![sm=bananahead.gif]

Tim

P.S. My wife is from Canada too. She watches me play ice hockey in my league. She is from Montreal (apparently, near Laval).