RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 10-31-2007, 11:07 PM
norm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Hello Tim, (Krypton).
Landing with gear doors open?

Well the countdown is on! the other old man (myself 45) will maiden the B-25 on saturday if all goes well, I'm if assembly stage, all is wired and the main iier wings installed wiring this birsd is like a house, only the wires weigh nearly a pound!

I Know it is late and I start to freak out but how does it behave when the main gears door are opened, (those must cause major drag, like 2 stopping parachute behind the space shuttle!) I understand why on the full scale the doors woul close back after the gear was lowered.

It is possible with a pneumatic sequencer to open doors deploy the gear, close door. then open door , retract the gears and close door. that implys installing dual small cylinders behind the doors near the rear and change the robart air valve for a UP2 sequencer valve... for those interested the link is below and available in "Canada" at Ultra precision, and the valve would be the UP2. They also supply small air cilinders (7/16) diameter for a better scale look.

Web site is http://www.up-1.com/uptwo.html

Enough weight in my case and I hope it flys well as it is. But I know I'll end up installing the sequencer this winter

BTW Mike the levers are A1, I sent you a message with my adress and I'm arranging a fed-ex p/u you are a great help.

Also about the doors, I found that J.B. Weld is the better glue to use.

Good night.