RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cuda motor box
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 04:49 PM
as722
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cuda motor box

ORIGINAL: jmiracle

I think I'm having trouble fully understanding the problem. If all you've glued together so far is the firewall, the motorbox sides, and the back plate....and maybe the landing gear block....there's really not a lot keeping the motorbox sides parallel at this point. I would imagine the assembly is still very flexible at this point.

If the wing tube, back-plate and firewall are all parallel and perpendicular to the building surface, then you should still be able to pin each surface to its location on the plans and just flex the MB sides the little bit they need to go where they should. Once you glue on the bottom pieces of the motorbox, the assembly should stiffen right up. Once the wing tube is glued in, that will also stiffen and align the motorbox sides.

If I understand the problem correctly, then I don't think you need to build in any kind of correction at all at this point other than to make sure the motorbox lines up with the plans when you attach the fuse sides and glue on the bottom/top pieces of the MB.

....and Albert, a 50cc'er!? Is this gonna be your new IMAC bird?

Gas is too expensive so I'm moving down in size. NOT!!!
I'm building it for my eigth year old son.

Albert