RCU Forums - View Single Post - New 1100 mAh A123 available everywhere and no word here!
Old 11-10-2007, 02:49 PM
dragon_no_fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New 1100 mAh A123 available everywhere and no word here!

Thanks everydayflyer for your as usual great info, I missed the 5 Amp charging rate data.
dick Hanson, that makes sense, I am going out on a limb here, since I do not currently
own these new 1,100-sized cells, but if the raw material inside them is *identical* to the
original M1-sized cells, than the only thing that I could possibly think of that may cause
a 9C (10 Amp charging rate) into these cells as *possibly* damaging or cell life reducing
would be the smaller size of the "can" that holds the chemical powder that is less efficient
at dissipating heat as compared to the larger sized cells. I have personally charged the
M1 cells at 10 Amps and they are room temperature at the end of the charge which by now
has been well documented by many R/C users. So, in essence, (I can be totally wrong about
this), same material as in the M1 cells, just stuffed into a smaller-sized can; that is, the new
1,100 mAh cells. If we prove that the new 1,100-sized cells have the same electrical im-
pedance as the M1-sized cells, I will be charging my 1,100 mAh cells @10 Amps for a
phenomenal re-charge time of 7 minutes or less.