Thread: ZDZ 40 Carb
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 02:43 PM
AirTech
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ZDZ 40 Carb

ORIGINAL: Rainman-ACRF

My engine has been working fine and I know how to start it and operate it. I've diagnosed my fault as fuel starvation and I need some specific info on stripping and maintaining the carb supplied with it. I would have thought there would be a wealth of information out there but I don't seem to be able to find any.

To be frank, I'm less than satisfied with the support offered by the so called official techs that have all but ignored this post and this ZDZ is about to get ebay'ed for a DA or something. I'm done with ZDZ.
Rainman,

Both Walbros and Bing carbs are very similar and if you purchase tha correct rebuild kit should not have any problem installing one. I don't think you will find instructions it to hpw rebuild any of these carbs, so if you you do try it you are mostly on your own.

I suggest you try at least rebuilding the carb, and if that doesn't work or you feel that rebuilding id outside your mechanical abilities, you can always get a new carb for around $50 bucks. In my experience most high performance gas engines are a little sensitive and require a lot of TLC. 3W engines are some of the most powerfull engines I know but they need to be installed and adjusted perfectly or they will give you problems. Don't discard your ZDZ because once these little engines are broken in they are quite a powerhouse for their weight. If you are interested in just an engine for all around sport flying buy a Brilleli, SPE, or Brison. These engines are easy to start, no fuzz adjustments and fairly good service support, although they will not match a ZDZ power output.