RCU Forums - View Single Post - About those Long Stroke .61's--
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Atlanta 60
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: About those Long Stroke .61's--

ORIGINAL: Jeff Worsham

Hi all- Looking for engines to finish off a couple Escapes I started about 10yrs ago. Originally was going to use OS .61 rear exhaust LS, but no longer have those engines. Are there any comparable long stroke .61's being produced today? I don't know if the current OS and Enya .61's are long stroke and don't see info on their websites that say. Disappointed that it seems the YS .61 LS is no longer produced either. If I have to resort to the second hand market for power, did other manufacturers make a long stroke besides OS and YS? Thanks for any help, jeff
Congrats on the Escapes!!

To my knowledge...The OS SF and RF series...And the YS 61LS and YS 61AR were about it as far as Long Stroke Pattern oriented engines...I think they were sorta "niche" engines...A compromise of power-v-noise for the time...Then the 4 strokes kinda took over for the next evolution of pattern...

You can still find OS RF's or YS 61LS's on ebay...Various conditions obviously...Sometimes NIB...Sometimes used but in good shape...

There is a really nice looking HannoII on there right now which includes a Hanno Pipe(Hatori 700) and Factory OS Header:
http://cgi.ebay.com/OS-MAX-61-RF-ABC...QQcmdZViewItem

There is also a non pumped RF...But this is a little pricey compared to what some of the latest RF's have gone for in the auction format...(Not saying it's not worth it...That's a personal decision...I think they probably sold for more than that years ago when new):
http://cgi.ebay.com/O-S-Max-61RF-ABC...QQcmdZViewItem

There is also a member here...glowplugboy...He has listed a used YS 61LS on ebay which apparently has a new piston and sleeve...It didn't sell the last I saw it on ebay...So if you were interested in looking him up and send him a message....He may still have it...

I'm sorta sifting through my stuff too...Who knows...I may post an engine or two in the future...Havn't decided just yet...

Have Fun...

Chuck