RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is "Wood Glue" dead?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is "Wood Glue" dead?

I have two cents to contribute. For my most recent two projects (Bitsy Bee and Bitsy Blitz) I've used Elmers Carpenters Wood Glue (Bri-colle) in a squeeze tube dispenser. It looks pretty much like every other yellow glue, saying it dries fast is sandable and paintable. But it has two things going for it. The tube dispenser is great. It stores upside down on a nice large flat cap that screws on and seems to effectively shut off air to the tip. The tip istelf is quite small and delivers a much finer glue line than any Titebond or other Elmers white glue I've had. The other good thing about it is that the second language directions are in French (Ah Fifi it is non toxique).

As for what other folks have said about epoxies, yep I agree. And I too don't use CA glues much because of problems with the fumes. FWIW I think it is a serious failing on the part of the AMA that they fail to point out the health hazards associated with CA - given that many people have ended up in emergency rooms due to severe reactions. Oops, as you were troops, sorry for the rant. Carry on.