RCU Forums - View Single Post - GWS Pico TIGER MOTH - Flight Report
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 09:03 PM
cwharper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GWS Pico TIGER MOTH - Flight Report

Well, I've put the linkage back in the furthest hole for the elevator and set dual rates for cruise and landing. Mainly because with it mechanically set to low throw the trim function didn't work quite as well. I was finding that as my lipo disharged the natural voltage drop was enough to cause a change in prop rpm throwing the plane out of trim and every so often I needed to adjust the elevator trim. With the axi 2203/46 and a 8x4.3 gws prop one measly little click of throttle made a huge difference. I found an axi motor efficiency calculator and it says this motor is 70% efficient with a gws 6x3 and 2 lipo cells but only 53% efficient turning a 8x4.3 gws prop. While not perfect the results I've got from this calculator plugging in other known setups I have match them very closely in real life. So I've ordered some 6x3 props to try. This should also get me more play room on the throttle without having to set the endpoint short and I suspect to get the same cruising speed with the 6x3 would result in a slightly higher stick setting but actually drawing less current. All of this to me is a sign of better efficiency.